Lyrical/Contemporary is a fusion of ballet and jazz techniques. Lyrical dance challenges choreographers to interpret music and express the emotion they feel from it. A lyrical dancer’s movements attempt to show the meaning of the music while telling a story through every movement made. It makes the viewer understand and even feel what the choreographer is working to convey. Classes in lyrical will teach movement that can be fluid or abstract, extension and balance, and the combination of the training of ballet with the turns and leaps of jazz.
The following classes are for our 2021-2022 Season: Sep 2021-May 2022.
- 6:00 - 7:00, Mondays - Beginning Lyrical/Contemporary
- 6:00 - 7:00, Mondays - Intermediate Lyrical/Contemporary
- 6:00 - 7:00, Mondays - Teen Lyrical/Contemporary
- 4:30 - 5:30, Thursdays - Senior Lyrical/Contemporary
- 7:30-8:00, Tuesdays - Large Group Competition Lyrical/Contemporary
- 8:30-9:00, Tuesdays - Large Group Competition Lyrical/Contemporary
- 6:00-6:30, Tuesdays - Intermediate Competition Lyrical
- 4:00-4:30, Fridays - Beginning Competition Lyrical