Ballet is the foundation of all dance. A classical form of theatrical dance, it has its own technique, movements, traditions, and vocabulary. It is best known in the form of classical, but can additionally include neoclassical and contemporary ballet. Classes begin with a ballet barre and typically include a center floor adage, petite and grand allegro, and conclude with a grand reverence. Students will learn terminology in French, correct body alignment, how to improve their natural turn-out and develop a love for the most graceful living art.
After students receive necessary ballet technique and depending on their muscular/skeletal development and dedication to practice, they progress to pointe training.
The following classes are for our 2021-2022 Season: Sep 2021-May 2022.
- 5:00 - 6:00, Mondays - Beginning Ballet
- 5:00 - 6:00, Mondays - Intermediate Ballet
- 5:00 - 6:00, Mondays - Teen Ballet
- 6:30 - 7:30, Thursdays - Senior Ballet
- 6:00 - 7:00, Wednesdays - Beginning Pointe/Pre-Pointe
- 5:00 - 6:00, Wednesdays - Teen and Senior Pointe